We apologize for any inconvenience
You are here
ATTENTION ALL 1-8 GRADE TEACHERS
Attend a FREE $martPath Professional Development
and Get a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
In partnership with the University of Cincinnati Economics Center, New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science is offering a FREE $martPath Training Session. In exchange, you will receive an Amazon gift card for attending and implementing the award-winning program in their classroom!
WHO: Teachers in Grades 1-8
WHEN: August 25, 2018 9:00 am– 10:30 am
WHERE: Stem Lecture Hall, New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science, 1801 Mountain Rd NW, Albuquerque
COST: This training session is completely FREE. Teachers will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for simply attending the workshop and an additional $50 Amazon gift card for implementing the curriculum in their classroom during the 2018-2019 school year. A certificate for one CEU hour is also available upon request.
WHAT IS $MARTPATH?
Developed by leading practitioners working hand-in-hand with teachers, $martPath is an engaging, interactive and easy-to-use way for 1-8 grade teachers to embed relevant and fun economic and financial education in their classrooms. $martPath units teach students about personal financial responsibility through grade-appropriate, curriculum-aligned, interactive lessons. All $martPath units of study:
- Provide application for reading and math skills at grade level
- Are relevant and deliver on New Mexico’s Content Standards—particularly in Math, Social Studies, and English/Language Arts
- Include embedded assessments so teachers can easily track and report on student progress
- Are fun, simple-to-run and quick so they fit into any teaching program
- Are high quality, interactive and engaging!
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN AT THE WORKSHOP?
This training session will include a walkthrough of the $martPath platform as well as provide attendees with suggestions for how to best implement it in their classrooms.
Product of: Workshop Sponsored by:
Pluto-Palooza Professional Development Workshop for Educators
Saturday, September 22 • 1pm-5pm
NASA Educator Shirley Greene and the visiting New Horizons scientists and engineers, in association with NMMNHS, will present a workshop for formal and informal science educators connecting the amazing results from the Pluto system to classroom-ready activities complementing the Next Generation Science Standards and the NM science standards.
This workshop is free to NM educators.
Each educator attending the entire workshop will receive a stipend of $75 (educators traveling from beyond 65 mile radius of Albuquerque will receive $100) and ready-made NASA materials/activities.
Registration required. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
The New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science and HHMI BioInteractive Present:
Evolution: Natural Selection, Speciation, and Beyond
A FREE Workshop for Biology Teachers
September 29, 2018
8:00 AM-3:30 PM at the
NM Museum of Natural History & Science
1801 Mountain Rd NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
- The workshop will focus on concepts of evolution through the process of natural selection, with the connection of developing scientific explanations.
- This workshop will feature different resources than those featured at our previous workshop March 3rd. Participants who attended March 3rd - and those who didn't! - are encouraged to attend.
- Receive free classroom-ready materials for the teaching of evolution.
- Enhance your content knowledge and classroom practice.
- Focus on rigorous, NGSS-aligned pedagogy.
- Breakfast and lunch, and professional development certificates will be provided. Parking is available free on-site at the museum.
Space is Limited! Register Today:
Questions? Contact Sydney Bergman at email@example.com